Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib 6 Days Trekking Package, Ex – Joshimath
Valley of Flowers discovered in 1931 by Frank S. Smythe, Eric Shipton, and R.L. Holdsworth when they were returning from a successful Mt. Kamet Expedition in 1931. They were lost their way and stumbled upon this floral valley, which was shrouded in oblivion to the outside world. Valley of Flowers is a bouquet from the Gods that has been bestowed upon us in the form of lush green meadows covered with the plethora of bright and vivid flowers and shrubs and blissful natural beauty.
Situated at an altitude of 11,000 ft to 12,000 ft above sea level in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, this mesmerizing valley consists various kind of flora that blooms in June until September. Best time to visit this valley is July and August. It is 3 km from the nearest town of Ghangaria. The valley of flowers was declared as the National Park of India in the year 1982 and it is now a UNESCO world heritage site. The Valley of Flowers trek starts from Govindghat that is the last motorable destination, trek length from Govindghat to Valley of Flowers is approximately of 16 km. Hemkunt Sahib (15,197 ft), a famous Sikh pilgrimage site is also a just 6 km from Valley of Flowers from where one can visit Gurudwara Sahib and see snow clad peaks, a beautiful lake as well.
Package Cost – Rs 14,000 / per person
Time duration – 7 Days / 7 Nights
Area Covered – Rishikiesh – Joshimath – Govindghat – Ghangharia – Valley of Flowers – Hemkund Sahib – Rishikesh – Haridwar
Rishikesh (2 N), Joshimath (2 N), Ghangharia (3 N)
On arrival Haridwar, In the evening, we receive you. Dinner and Overnight stay at Rishikesh. (This is your arrival day in Haridwar and rishikesh where services are included in this package. You may ask or this additional arrangements to our executive for your stay and other assistance.)
Haridwar/Rishikesh to Joshimath
Drive – 270 kms Altitude – 1890mts Stay – Hotel
Take an early morning Bus/Cab from Haridwar / Rishikesh and reach Joshimath by evening. Have a relaxed evening in Joshimath and acclimatize. Dinner and overnight stay in Joshimath.
Joshimath is a small town in the Uttarakhand Garhwal hills on the banks of Alaknanda River. This place is very famous for Sankracharya temple and is also the hub for many mountaineering and trekking expedition in Garhwal Himalayas.
Day 2 : Joshimath to Govindghat (drive) to Ghangharia (trek)
Drive – 22 kms Trek – 14 kms Altitude – 3048mts Stay – Hotel
Post early breakfast, you drive from Joshimath to Govindghat (a small hamlet situated on the confluence of Alaknanda and roaring Laxman Ganga and start point for the fully escorted treak). Govind Ghat to Ghangharia (base village for Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib) is a beautiful trek route with magnificent views and river accompanying you throughout. Hot lunch on the trek route.
In the late afternoon, arrive at Ghangharia on the banks of Laxman Ganga. Dinner and overnight stay in Ghangria.
Day 3 : Day visit to Valley of Flowers
Trek – 8 kms Altitude – 3658mts Stay – Hotel
Post breakfast, start our fully escorted trek to Valley of Flowers. The first part of the trek is through thick forest along the Pushpavati river. Later we trek in the open meadows. Arrive and explore the area. Witness several varieties of rare flowers including Blue Poppy, Potentilla, Geranium and and hundreds of others. Packed lunch, flasks full of hot beverages as well as assorted refreshments will be arranged. Return to Ghangharia in the evening for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4 : Day visit to Hemkund Sahib
Trek – 12 kms Altitude – 4329mts Stay – Hotel
Post breakfast today we start our fully escorted trek to Hemkund – internationally acclaimed, one of the finest high latitude lakes in Uttarakhand Himalayas. It is also a place of worship for Sikhs and Hindus. Its an uphill trek to reach Hemkund.See the crystal clear lake with astonishing views of surrounding peaks, visit Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara and Lakshman Temple on the banks of the lake.Return to Ghangharia in the evening for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5 : Ghangharia to (trek) and Govindghat to Joshimath (Drive)
Drive – 22 kms Trek – 14 kms
Post breakfast, we start our trek back from Ghagharia to Govindghat and then drive to Joshimath. Hot lunch on the trek route. Dinner and overnight stay in Joshimath.
Note: Time permitting, we will arrange for sightseeing in Joshimath and/or Auli this afternoon.
Day 6 : Joshimath to Haridwar/Rishikesh
Post early breakfast, start your journey back to Rishikesh with fond memories.
Day 7 : Rishikesh – Haridwar Sideseeing-
Early morning, after breakfast you’ll do the Rishikesh sightseeing visit Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula. Evening drive to Haridwar and visit Mansa Devi temples of Haridwar and in the evening visit Ganga Aarti in Har ki pauri, after this we drop at Railway station for your departures.
PACKAGE INCLUDE –
- TO Night accommodation in Offered Dharmshala/Hotel.
- Accommodation on Twin/Double sharing basis
- Breakfast at Hotel
- All Taxes
- Accommodation on Double sharing basis at hotels. ( Moderate Hotels)
- All transfers/tours services by vehicle may be change as Per Group Size & road condition.
- All Veg. Meals, Daily Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Morning & Evening Tea/Coffee
- Caring Tour Manager throughout the tour
- Local Guide at Rishikesh for local sightseeing
- Free up to 5 years of children with their guardian Free Features.
- All inclusive (Fuel, Driver Allowance, Parking Toll Tax, State Tax.)
- All currently applicable hotel tax and Transportation tax
TOUR PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE –
- Entrance fees at monuments/temples
- Expenses of personal nature
- Anything not mentioned in itinerary
- Expenses of personal nature such as tipping, porters, laundry, telephones, Cameras fees. etc
- Any kind of insurance.
- Any claim or delay charges due to natural calamities, land slide, road blockage etc. Or any other things which are not mentioned in cost included column.
- If due to any reasons beyond our control like landslide, traffic jams, flood, riots, political unrest, bandhs or bad weather conditions, accidents or any other natural or man-made misfortunes, program will needed to be changed or extended. the additional expenditure for the same will have to be borne by the passengers directly. Due to these reasons we may cancel some sightseeing places, there shall be no refund for the same
- Any charges of train, ropeway ticket of Manasa/Chandi Devi, Doli & pony etc.
Special Requirements for Yatra –
Raincoat, Umbrella, Monkey cap, Hand gloves, Swatter/Pullover, Canvas Shoes, Torch & personal medicines.